Is it me or does time seem to be going by faster? With the passing of time comes an increased pace of change. Consider various things that impact the rate of change on your business:
- Economic challenges
- New players in the industry
- Different consumer perspectives
- Improved technology in the market
- Changing processes
To succeed in these areas, your ability to manage change becomes critical. Yet why is it that so many business struggle with change? It brings to mind a quote from Socrates:
“The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”
Consider this in the context of your business. Are you building the new? What steps have you taken to ensure that you are staying ahead of the competition in your market? At times we hear from customers that they have concerns about the level of change management that is needed to implement new solutions. What are key areas to consider when looking to alleviate these concerns?
It is fitting to note that in this endeavor, the change starts with appropriate leadership. By leadership, we don’t always focus on the top of the organizational chart. While they are key contributing members, it is important to note that all members of the team are key to helping “build the new.”
Understanding the Need
By asking questions to better understand your market and customers, you can relate your findings to how they align with your organizational vision. This is the foundation to identifying your areas of need.
- What are the market challenges your organization is facing?
- What are the key areas where you can differentiate your organization in the eyes of your customers?
- Are there gaps between the vision and the reality that need to be addressed? How are they prioritized?
- Do your team members have the right resources and processes to deliver on expectations?
- Is there a long-term strategy to implement these processes and proactively evaluate new changes as they develop in the market?
This is a critical step that deserves your time and attention. Don’t skip over critical topics here as they will impact your next steps.
Building a Plan for Success
Once you understand your organizational needs you can successfully build a plan. Consider how implementing technology solutions can help streamline your business processes. When evaluating your groups and meetings business:
- Make sure you have representation where your prospective customers are shopping.
- Identify your best strategy to effectively prospect for new business.
- Implement the right solutions to gain the First Response Advantage.
- Retaining profitable business is key! Make sure you are delivering on customer expectations.
- Empower your customers with user-friendly collaboration tools.
- Communicate with customers using their preferred resources and timelines.
- Deliver exceptional service to ensure customers keep coming back.
- Effectively measure on the success of your business and continually adjust your plan to ensure long-term growth.
Once you have identified and secured the resources needed to implement your plan, be sure to establish, document and communicate clear processes. Continually keep your company vision in the forefront of the minds of your team members. Putting your energy into “building the new” will pay dividends into the future.
Need help with building your plan? Let us know how we can help. Drop a line below!