Welcome to mid-December! It's the end of the year and you’re laser focused on hitting your sales number and ending the year successful. It’s time to celebrate your 2015 accomplishments and push to close those last few opportunities to ensure that you achieve your year-end sales goals.
Are you also taking the time to consider how you are building your pipeline for the beginning of 2016? How can you ensure that you start the year on a strong note? Often, people are so focused on winning the current year that they lose sight of the fact that January is just around the corner and the clock starts ticking on a new goal.
Here are a few tips to consider when building your action plan for the next two weeks:
- Finish the year strong as you focus on your established relationships and closing any high probability opportunities.
- Ensure that you are delivering world-class service to your current customers, especially those at your property over the next few weeks. Happy customers are more likely to return.
- Keep in touch. Use this time of year as a way to reconnect with current customers and rekindle past opportunities.
- If you haven’t already, build your Q1 and Q2 pipeline now! Start 2016 strong and set the right tone for your sales activity for the year.
- Do a little bit of research to understand where you had your strongest sales success in 2015. Who was your key customer demographic? Are your top accounts remaining loyal to your property? How can you ensure that they return to your property the next time they’re in town?
- Understand new ways to expand your market. What prospective customers were meeting in your market that are likely to return next year? What industries do they represent? What size were those events? How can you win those new accounts?
Take your prospecting to an entirely new level. Utilizing technology resources such as PremiumView, Newmarket’s Meeting Intelligence solution, will help you quickly and effectively identify new areas to expand your pipeline and grow your business. Let our team of experienced hospitality professionals help you identify new opportunities to maximize your group business sales and fill more guest rooms.